Tuesday, November 05, 2013

I took a step in. Familiarity soon engulfed me, leaving me "helpless" as memories came flooding in one after another. It was as though I never left and was witnessing all of the past like watching a movie in the cinema. I was in my comfort zone. I took solace in it then which was almost 2 years back. I was clueless as to why I was quite distraught and easily affected then. Reminiscing about past "problems" often led to me asking myself; "What was I thinking?" Needless to say that it literally became my escape from reality.

Now, strangely I do not see it the same way as then. It simply appears to me as nothing more than just a workplace with memories still lingering around. I might speak too soon but I do sincerely hope that it will not be the case this time round as I learned that I was only being deluded by my confused mind and that running away from "reality" simply just stalls it further. Some might say that sometimes, you need time to allow yourself to think better and get things sorted out by immersing yourself in your comfort zone. True, but time is subjective and I also learned,a little about myself, that I do not necessarily need to be in my zone to think through things. "To one, his own" as what a friend of mine once told me.

Although today went fine, it was still as tiring as it was then. Well guess there are some things that do not change irregardless of time.

No comments: