Monday, November 04, 2013

Normalcy

I had spent countless late nights contemplating on all sorts, ranging from decisions I made from the minute of matters to those I regrettably wished to forget. I thought of the consequences I endured and the domino effect it had, chaining from one decision to another but little did I know that gradually, the very myriad of events that unfolded throughout were actually preparing me for the inevitable, growing up.

Subconsciously and unconditionally, I was assuming roles and responsibilities that were surprisingly unexpected. It came as a surprise as it never did cross my mind once that I would be doing it any time soon. I would say that my self centered nature had clouded my judgement and rendered most of my "rational" decisions, well irrational. Nonetheless, this is part of growing up and mistakes made are not only meant to be forgotten but to learn from them as well.

No comments: